Friday 6 November 2015

London a new outlook

 Since recently moving to 'the big smoke' my expectations of city life have somewhat dimmed. Maybe releasing that the hustle and bussle of rush hour, isn't as exhilarating as it seemed, on your year 9 school science trip to the British museum. 
Nor is their anything joyous about taking an Uber for 40 mins to complete a 2 mile journey. Or even living in a 4m by 4m flat *hazza potter style* for more money than a mansion somewhere in Scotland.
Another cheeky fact for you; its light 24/7. With my cocktail of dodgy blinds, sirens and shouting, sleep is a rarity. I no longer carry a wallet with me : (1) Because cash is apparently no longer 'cool' and (2) I'm so poor. This is predominantly due to the fact Mojitos are £14 here.
Never the less my view point was altered when I was lucky enough to go 44 floors up the new Leadenhall building 'The cheese grater'. 
These amazing views made me contemplate my very small part in this very enormous city. 
Being so high up I looked into skyscrapers like fish tanks; observing peoples lives. 
People seemed to be just getting shit done, the drive and passion determination and thrive of the city, inspired me.
London is the definition of amazing. You could try and argue... but there's a new event, a new opportunity, a new juice bar to try every single day. The agglomeration effect alone shows a fervid 'want' from all involved.

I blaady love London.







Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blancoco | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig